Castlebar Music & Drama Society met for the first time on July 15th 2014. Their constitution is as follows:
CASTLEBAR MUSICAL & DRAMATIC SOCIETY
CONSTITUTION 15th JULY 2014
- The society is established as a community based, amateur, not for profit Society. It will promote open and inclusive participation in musical and dramatic activities.
- The Society shall be known as -The Castlebar Musical and Dramatic Society - and its members shall be those with paid up membership and having a valid vote.
- At the discretion of the committee, the society shall be affiliated to Drama League of Ireland and or Association of Irish Musical Societies (A.I.M.S.).
- The Society may, at the discretion of the committee, have an Hon. President, who is not a member of the Society
- The committee shall consist of , President , Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, PRO and three ordinary members. The number of ordinary members may be exceeded at the discretion of the committee.
- In order to hold any meeting at least 2/3 of the committee must be present. In order for any decision to be carried 2/3 of the committee must agree.
- The members of the Society, those with paid up membership, shall be notified of the date of the Annual General Meeting two weeks in advance.
- Proposals for committee members shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary and be with the Secretary one week before the AGM.
- Proposed Constitutional Amendments with the names of the proposer and seconder, who must be paid up members, shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary within two weeks prior to the AGM.
- Notice of proposed amendments to the constitution shall be notified to members one week in advance of the AGM.
- Only paid up members of the Society shall be eligible for election or Co-option to the committee or to vote at all meetings including EGM and AGM.
- Amendments to the Constitution can only be made at the AGM and must receive two thirds of the total valid votes cast at the AGM in order to be ratified.
- Any member who has not paid his/her membership fee by the due date will be deemed a non member of the Society and will not be eligible for participation in the forthcoming show.
- Committee members shall attend all committee meetings and should furnish an excuse if unable to attend.
- Committee members including elected officers, who absent themselves from two consecutive meetings and who have not notified the Secretary of their reason, shall at the discretion of the committee, be deemed to have resigned.
- An elected office which falls vacant shall be filled by a committee vote to elect committee member to the office.
- Vacancies on the committee shall be filled by co-option by the committee.
- The annual membership fee shall be determined by the committee.
- All cheques and withdrawals from the bank accounts must be signed by two of the following officers, the Treasurer , the Chairperson and the vice Chairperson .
- The Treasurer shall present a statement of all accounts at the AGM. The Financial year will run to the 31st January each year .The Committee may appoint an Independent Accountant to review the Financial Statements in the interests of transparency and accountability to the members of the Society.
- Subject to the Inaugural year, at the First A.G.M , the committee will define the maximum financial exposure of the Society. When the amount has been defined, the Treasurer shall ensure that the maximum financial exposure of the Society will not exceed this amount. A reserve fund of the defined amount must be kept on deposit in such a secure institution as agreed by the committee. This fund to be used to contribute towards the debts of the Society, if a two third majority of the committee feel that the Society can no longer continue.
- Members who wish to perform will be required to audition.